Mission and Vision
Our mission is to provide an intensive artistic and social program, offered after-school in the city of Asheville to children in under served populations that uses music education as a transformative and empowering tool to teach life skills.
Our vision is that through participation in MusicWorks, students gain a lifelong interest in music. Music ensembles are used to teach crucial life skills and values including academic achievement, self-expression, teamwork, discipline, self-esteem, creativity, personal responsibility, mentoring others and membership in their community.
Staff Positions Available
Behavioral Support Specialist
MusicWorks Asheville is looking for a Behavioral Support Specialist. Applicant will need to be available Monday through Fridays from 2:15-5:45 as well as one additional hour of staff meeting per week. Additional hours during performances and other MusicWorks events as scheduled. Pay is commensurate with experience and education and starts in the $20-$25 per hour range.
• Cultivate and maintain a positive learning environment using positive behavior support principles in cooperation with Hall Fletcher administration.
• Develop relationships with individual students to ensure success.
• Assist teaching artists in maintaining a common set of expectations.
• Assist teaching artists in helping children to replace current problem behaviors by maintaining a safe space for children to reflect, rest, or re-learn procedures or social/emotional skills.
• Develop strategies to teach the school/ program wide expectations.
• Assist Program Director in developing individual/group behavioral goals and objectives consistent with the mission and vision of El Sistema Asheville.
• Create and implemented custom plans and methods for individual students with special needs in collaboration with teaching staff as needed.
• Maintain excellent communication with parents/guardians to promote their engagement.
• Develop and execute a long-range personal growth plan with the Program Director.
• Collaborate with Program Director, school staff and outside evaluators in program evaluation processes in areas of data generation, collection, documentation, and analysis.
• Attend family meetings and/or communicate with family members as directed.
If you are interested in applying for this position with MusicWorks Asheville, please send your resume and cover letter to Dr. Dave Wilken at firstname.lastname@example.org.